August 27, 2015
Shandra Niswanter, Development Mgr, Arlington Thrive
Arlington Thrive is the only organization in Arlington County, Virginia that provides same-day, emergency financial assistance to County residents who experience sudden financial crisis such as temporary unemployment or illness. Learn More
Arlington thrives when:
- Its residents meet their basic needs.
- Neighbors help neighbors in need.
- We stop homelessness before it begins.
- Children sleep in their own beds in their own homes.
- Residents are not forced to decide between seeking medical care and paying the electric bill.
- Elderly people enjoy a comfortable retirement, rather than the insecurity of not knowing whether they can pay the next month’s rent.
Can't make our lunch meeting? Join us every other Thursday for our Evening Meetings!
- Aug 27 - EVENING MEETING! Join us at 6:30 at the Ballston Rock Bottom for our first evening meeting. Evening meetings will be held every other Thursday in addition to our luncheons. No charge. Happy Hour food/drinks are pay as you go.
Upcoming Meetings and Events:
- Sep 3- Mary Hynes, Chair of the Arlington County Board
- Sep 10- Bob Dorr, Author, Air Force Veteran and Retired Foreign Service officer “How my book got devoured: secret stuff about books, bookstores, book publishers and book writers”
- Sep 17- Scott Wood, Arlington Philharmonic
- Sep 24- Janet Brown, District Governor District 7610
- Oct 1- Victor Hoskins, Arlington Economic Development Director
- Oct 8 - Joan Kelsch, Green Building Projects Manager, Arlington Initiative to Rethink Energy (AIRE)
- Oct 15- Lorraine Tong, Former Senate Staffer
- Oct 22- Linda Kelleher, Director, Community and Resident Relations, Arlington Partnership for Affordable Housing (APAH)
- Oct 29 - David Sutfin, New Member Classification Talk
Save the date for Monte Carlo Night - November 6th!
2015-16 ARC Leaders
President-Elect - Shannon Owens
Secretary - John Becker
Treasurer - Joe Lott
Sergeant-at-Arms - Hugh Barton