This week:August 25 - Matt Palmer, Author or The Wolf of Sarajevo
Matthew Palmer is a twenty-five-year veteran of the U.S. Foreign Service and a member of the Council on Foreign Relations, currently serving as the director for multilateral affairs in the State Department’s Bureau of Asian and Pacific Affairs. Palmer has worked as a diplomat all over the world, but his ties to the Balkans are especially deep. In addition to a serving as the desk officer for rump Yugoslavia (Serbia and Montenegro) through the end of the 1999 Kosovo conflict, Palmer was posted twice to the American Embassy in Belgrade, initially as a first-tour officer at the height of the war in Bosnia and, more recently, as political counselor. In that position, he played a leading role in securing the “April 19 Agreement” that started Serbia and Kosovo down the road toward normalization. Palmer speaks fluent Serbo-Croatian, and his many experiences in the region served as inspiration for The Wolf of Sarajevo.
- Aug 27 – Service Opportunity - INOVA Blood Drive, Central Library. Hours to be announced soon.
- Sep 1 – Lunch meeting at WGCC: Pending
- Sep 1 – Happy Hour 6-8 pm at the Front Page in Ballston. Park in the Ballston Mall for $1.Sep 8 – Lunch meeting at WGCC: Harry Katrivanos, New District Brewing Company
Sep 8 -Meeting Venue Change –Please note the regular meeting for September 8 will be held at the Ballston Holiday Inn, 4610 N. Fairfax Dr. Free parking.
- Sep 20 -- Tuesday – 6:00-8:30, “Wine Helps!” at the NRECA Conference Center in Ballston. Save the date and invite your friends & neighbors.
- Sep 22 – No lunch meeting, no happy hour meeting – attend Wine Helps!
Have you been looking for a One-Page description to share with your friends about our club? Check out "What is Rotary?"
May 30, 2016, Rotarians help bag some oatmeal at the Arlington Food Assistance Center.
|President||Jeff Sutton||Shannon Owens|
|President-Elect||Shannon Owens||David Sutfin|
|Secretary||John Becker||John Becker|
|Treasurer||Joe Lott||Joe Lott|
|Sergeant-at-Arms||Hugh Barton||Hugh Barton|