- May 5 –Lunch meeting at WGCC: Cynde Margritz, CEO and Founder of Peak Neurofitness - "Seven Strategies for Building a High Performance Brain"
- May 5 - Happy Hour 6-8pm, Rock Bottom Brewery in Ballston. Parking is $1 in the Ballston Mall. The LAST happy hour at this location.
- May 12 - Lunch meeting at WGCC: Jeff Hayes- Director for Afghanistan for the National Security Council Staff “Working in National Security- How our nation’s national security structure works”
- May 14 – Service Opp – 20 volunteers needed to unload food drive donations at AFAC Headquarters in Shirlington
- May 19 – Lunch meeting at WGCC: John Nutter – The Potomac Conservancy
- May 19 - Service Opp – Join in the fun as up to 400 volunteers take 3 hour shifts throughout the day at Taste of Arlington in Ballston. (Organizers pay AFAC $50 for each volunteer who turns up.)
- May 26 - Lunch meeting at WGCC: Pablo Villeda- Vice President of Regional Operations, Latin America International Justice Mission - “Everyday violence: A plague with hope of a cure”
- Jun 2 - Lunch meeting at WGCC: Harry Henderson- Immediate Past President Bailey’s Crossroads Rotary Club- “The new Rules of Growing Rotary Membership”
- Jun 9 - Lunch meeting at WGCC: Alessandra Colia, Executive Director, Urban Alliance
- Jun 16 - - Lunch meeting at WGCC: Marjorie Varner, Executive Director, Encore Learning- “Back to “College” for Pure Knowledge”
Annual China Garden Banquet - A wonderful evening!
Our annual China Garden Banquet to benefit the AREF scholarship program was held Thursday, April 21. About 60 Rotarians and guests gathered to enjoy a fun evening featuring great food, fellowship, and most important, fulfillment of our educational mission through fundraising. The event raised almost $9000 for our scholarship programs. In addition the banquet offered an opportunity to present this year’s scholarship winners: Callie Randall of Washington-Lee High is the 2016 recipient of the AREF traditional scholarship for a four-year university, while Alejandra Fernández of Arlington Mill High was selected for this year’s Arlington Rotary American Challenge Stipend in memory of Audra Rafter.
|President||Jeff Sutton||Shannon Owens|
|President-Elect||Shannon Owens||David Sutfin|
|Secretary||John Becker||John Becker|
|Treasurer||Joe Lott||Joe Lott|
|Sergeant-at-Arms||Hugh Barton||Hugh Barton|