April 27 - Jane Rudolph, Director Arlington County Department of Parks & Recreation “Arlington Parks – An Overview”
Jane will provide an overview of the parks system and its programs and services. The presentation will highlight recently completed projects, partnership opportunities, and public engagement initiatives. Ms. Rudolph became Parks/Recreation Director in 2013. She is responsible for a $40 million urban park system with a ten-year capital improvement plan that exceeds $205 million. Under her leadership in 2016, Arlington’s park system was ranked in the top five of the nation’s 100 largest cities by the Trust for Public Land.
Earlier, Ms. Rudolph worked almost 10 years in the New York City Dept. of Parks and Recreation, where she served as Chief of Staff and oversaw all aspects of the largest urban parks system in the nation. She is a graduate of Vassar College and earned a Master’s of Administration with a focus on Public Finance from New York University, Robert F. Wagner School of Public Service. She enjoys hiking, tennis and sports; she and her family reside in Arlington and are avid users of the Arlington County parks system.
- May 3 – Happy Hour! The Front Page, Ballston, 6 – 8 PM. Not happy? C’mon over and GET happy! Bring a prospective member.
- May 4 – Lunch Meeting at the WGCC: Linda Billings – Consultant to NASA's Astrobiology Program and Planetary Defense Coordination Office, National Institute of Aerospace, on “Going to Mars – How? When? And What Shall We Do When We Get There?”
- May 10 - Happy Hour! The Front Page, Ballston, 6 – 8 PM. Join your fellow Rotarians for good conversation and a pint or two.
- May 11 – Lunch meeting at the WGCC: John Ackerly, Alliance for GreenHeat
- May 18-21 – District 7610 Annual District Conference, Wintergreen Resort, Wintergreen VA
- May 25 – NO regular lunch meeting; instead, join us on Saturday for the picnic.
- May 27 (Saturday) – Club Picnic, 11:30 AM – 2:30 PM, Westover Park picnic shelter, 1001 N. Kennebec Rd., Arlington 22205.
- Jun 29 – Lunch Meeting at the WGCC: Annual Installation of Officers/Directors
- Sep 19 – Wine Helps! 2017 – NRECA Building, same as last year. 6 – 8:30 pm.